Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Making of moin-Moin Elewe



Moin-Moin Elewe


 




Inline images 1


This delicious and nutritious meal is a winner any day. No week passes without my fair share of moinmoin. Abeg not the one in plastics or celophane o. I mean the original one-'moinmoin elewe'-the one cooked in leaves.


The aroma fills the whole space and leaves you asking for more (LOL! long throat). That's what I am talking about. Hmmm...delicious. It is nutritious and delicious. Made with any specie of red beans (olo 2 or oloyin) or the white beans; whatever, it comes out very tasty.


If you want to lose weight the healthy way without stress, just eat a wrap of moin moin and salad for lunch and salad or fruit for dinner. It sure works!


Join me in the kitchen where I made my own home made delicious 'moinmoim elewe'


Ingredients
4 cups of beans (red or white)
5 bell pepper (tatashe)

3 large onions
Ata rodo
Creyfish
1 boiled average iced Titus fish
2 cooking spoons of vegetable oil
Seasoning
Salt to taste
Cooking leaves


Direction


1.Pick the beans and soak in water for 15 minutes. Peel the back or shaft until clean and white or almost.

Inline images 2

2.Clean the pepper, onion, and crayfish and add to the beans. Blend until smooth.

Inline images 3

3. Add the seasoning, vegetable oil. (I like heating my oil before adding. It gives the moin moin a nice flavour).

Inline images 4

4. De-bone the fish and shred into small flakes. (Heard you could also add cornbeef, but I prefer the natural and traditional taste). Add to paste and mix together.

5. Make sure the leaves are washed thoroughly. Wrap the moin moin paste in the leaves and it is ready for the fire.

Inline images 5
6. Cook for 30-45 minutes. You can test with fork for texture to know if it is cooked.
7. Food is ready!

Inline images 1

Well, I enjoyed every bit of the two wraps I ate. want some? LOL. see you next time...xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment